Your career journey lasts a lifetime and NAU is committed to supporting you along the way! The mission of NAU Career Development is to empower students and alumni to confidently navigate their careers as citizens of an evolving and global world. We achieve our mission through the following goals:
• Provide tools to develop a foundation of self-awareness including knowledge of one’s strengths, interests, and values.
• Coach others in the accumulation of identity capital through the deliberate process of selecting and reflecting on experiences in and out of the classroom.
• Serve as career development thought-leaders and innovators at NAU and beyond.
• Collaborate with multiple stake-holders to establish a culture of professionalism on campus.
• Facilitate relationships and create opportunities for employer and student interaction on and off campus.
• Connect students to alumni, parents, and members of the local community to strengthen opportunities for professional growth.
• Provide tools to facilitate the integration of career and academic advising.