Grow Portland supports schools and communities by facilitating hands-on garden experiences that foster connections to food, nature and each other.
* We acknowledge that many we work with face persistent injustices and we strive to create equitable space for each participant to grow, learn and thrive.
* Our actions are grounded in environmental justice, equity, and accessibility to ensure meaningful engagement of all students, families and school personnel connected to our programs.
* Our school programs are designed to promote the well-being of children aligned with each child’s personal learning style, nurturing their connection to the living world and fostering curiosity, compassion, and care for all living things.
* The joys of exploration and self-discovery drive what we do and how we do it.
* Relationships matter. We believe that our relationships with schools, students and communities form the core for successful collaboration, innovation, and responsiveness.