The California Air Resources Board is a part of the California Environmental Protection Agency. The Board's mission is to promote and protect public health, welfare and ecological resources through the effective and efficient reduction of air pollutants while recognizing and considering the effects on the economy of the state.
The Major Goals of the Board are to:
(1) Provide Safe, Clean Air to All Californians
(2) Protect the Public from Exposure to Toxic Air Contaminants Reduce California's Emission of Greenhouse Gases
(3) Provide Leadership in Implementing and Enforcing Air Pollution Control Rules and Regulations
(4) Provide Innovative Approaches for Complying with Air Pollution Rules and Regulations
(5) Base Decisions on Best Possible Scientific and Economic Information
(6) Provide Quality Customer Service to All ARB Clients