Animal Care Technician, Associate
Are you looking for a new opportunity? We might have the perfect one for you!
We are looking for Animal Care Tech Associates passionate about working hard and gaining certifications to expand your career in animal husbandry. The Research Animal Resource Center (RARC) provides staff and facilities to affect the humane care and use of animals used in research and teaching at MSKCC. It's goal is to provide the highest-quality care to the animals in their charge in order to improve the research conducted using animal models at Memorial Sloan Kettering. Our Animal Care Technician deliver direct animal care and maintenance of animal caging equipment.
In this position, we expect that you will follow through on all duties as assigned:
- Process unclean caging and equipment in preparation for sanitization
- Assemble caging for use by other Animal Care Technicians
- Operate and maintain automated cage wash equipment and sterilizers
- Prepare acidified water bottles using an automated bottle filler and proportioner
- Receive, transport, process, store and label animal feed and bedding
- Disassemble, wash, and reassemble ventilated Thoren units
- Handle and provide husbandry to various species of animals
- Perform health checks and perform environmental monitoring and cleaning
Does your experience appear to be a fit?
- The ability to lift and carry up to 55 lbs regularly. Frequent standing, grasping and holding items, reaching above shoulder; pulling pushing of heavy items; some regular crouching and kneeling.
- Understand the basics of animal health and disease, the procedures required to clean/sterilize caging, and is familiar with the use and operation of equipment required for laboratory animal housing and care.
Employee will be exposed to dust, dirt, unpleasant odors, laboratory animals, animal excreta, hot and humid surroundings. Potential exposure to animal bites and scratches, needles and other sharp instruments, infectious agents, radioisotopes, toxic chemicals, and radiation. Protective equipment including uniforms, steel toed shoes, masks, aprons, gloves, and head covers are provided and required for specific activities. Hours may vary between 6am-8pm. Work assignments may include weekends and holidays.
Pay Range $21.03-$26.98
Please click to learn more about MSK’s compensation philosophy.