Research Nurse Manager
Assist the world renown infectious disease physician with his research mainly with Tick -Borne illnesses at New York Medical College. This involves all aspects of research from submitting to closing of protocols through the IRB. It also involves maintaining the consents and HIPAA forms as per the local IRB at NYMC as well as the annual reports and amendments as needed. This position requires some knowledge about human research and performing the consent process with subjects, and follow up appointments which requires excellent communication skills. One must be organized for the protocols and procedures for Infectious Disease storage and maintaining the documents. The ability to work with others including the laboratory staff and the administrative staff to maintain the office; supplies, billing etc. To oversee the research nurses for training and continued excellence in the research process.
This position will either be full or part time depending on availability of applicant.
1. Knowledge of medical terminology consistent with an RN, ability to use multiple computer programs for data entry and maintenance.
2. Have knowledge of good clinical practice regarding human research, and the ability to maintain this with all aspects.
3. Ability to learn protocols and work as team with the other research professionals.
4. Ability to manage and teach others to maintain and meet the needs of the research division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine at New York Medical College. This includes the office staff, laboratory staff, other research nurses and new Doctors to research.
5. IRB maintenance of protocols, including annual reviews and submission of new ones.
(A) Education requirement: BS in nursing or other science oriented field.
(B) Licenses or certifications: Registered Nurse, Certified Clinical Research Coordinator a plus.
(C) Technical/computer skills:
- Basic computer skills, word, excel.
- Ability to learn computer programs for specific protocol data entry.
- Having phlebotomy skills is a plus.
(D) Prior experience:
- At least 2 years of Nursing experience
- Clinical research experience, preferred
- Knowledge of research/medical terminology
- Ability to work well with others, be self-motivated
- Experience with multitasking
Physical and Environmental Demands
Physical: Able to work standing as needed to see patients. Ability to walk during practice hours or if needed to the hospital to the lab or other buildings on campus. Ability to sit at the computer for long periods for data entry, communications with other researchers.
Environmental: Mostly office setting with computer work. Seeing research patients in the Lyme Disease Diagnostic Center and Vosburgh Pavilion patient exam room.