Technical Services Assistant
InterSystems develops advanced software technologies that enable breakthroughs. With a passion for excellence and a focus on client success, InterSystems provides data management, strategic interoperability, and analytics platforms used in healthcare, financial services, government, and other industries. In selected countries, InterSystems also offers unified healthcare applications, based on its core technologies, that deliver on the promise of connected healthcare. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its products are used daily by millions of people in more than 100 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.
We are looking for a highly motivated and independent individual to join our Technical Services team providing hardware and software support to internal customers. This person will be responsible for configuring and installing network computers, printers, and other peripherals; as well as assisting with datacenter and network projects. This position will assist with IT asset purchasing and inventory management, special event setup and tear down, and other projects as assigned. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong understanding of computers and interest in enterprise IT to develop into an experienced IT professional.
- Configure computers for employees, including imaging standard builds, software installations, network configurations, hardware integration, and final testing.
- Log and update support incidents and requests in tracking systems.
- Maintain IT inventory and asset management lifecycle.
- Assist with installation of computer peripherals and parts.
- Coordinate repair of laptops, desktops, and printers.
- Manage telephone extensions and handsets.
- Check for proper functioning and coordinate repairs on AV and conferencing equipment.
- Assist with development of IT system user documentation.
- Work with vendors to order hardware, monitor inventory, and build relationships.
- Previous experience supporting Mac and PC operating systems and hardware.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to independently identify and prioritize tasks.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.