Social Work in Zambia
Combine your skills and knowledge with your heart and passion to see young women and children find healing from abuse and trauma. With OM Zambia, you will gain experience in Counseling, home visits, report writing, visiting child care facilities, attending meetings for child protection, and visiting other OM Ministries within Kabwe.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Trauma Counseling
- Attending home visits
- Report writing
- Visiting child care facilities
- Attending meetings for child protection
- Travelling to other OM Ministries within Kabwe.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Some training in counseling skills
- Report Writing
- Willing to work in shanty compounds
- Some knowledge of doing legal papers and entrepreneurial skills.
- All interns must formally accept and abide by OM USA’s Statement of Faith for the duration of the internship.
- International internships are not paid positions and all financial needs should be covered with personal support.
- Pre-Field training happens through on-line materials and Skype sessions with coaches and other interns for a few weeks leading up departure date. Includes debriefing with coaches on return.
- Dates and duration of internships are flexible, should be worked out with the team.
- Homestay with a national is possible.
Qualifications of on-field supervisor:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work
- Diploma in Social work
- Has been working as a social worker since 2015.
- Degree Credit available upon the approval of your university/college supervisors.