Originally formed in the late 1980’s, YCR is a crop research company specializing in the development and management of novel hop varieties for the global brewing industry. YCR is a partner in Hop Breeding Company, LLC (HBC). YCR’s purpose is to create, build, and protect value for all, through development of first class hop varieties, a relentless pursuit of quality, and building meaningful relationships. We envision a new normal in the hop trade where mutual benefit between stakeholders is the key driver of success. A truly sustainable industry. Realization of our vision requires adherence to our core values:
- Be creative: Innovative ideas power improvement. Creativity is essential in our approach to R&D, our operations, and our relationships.
- Be accountable: No one should be able to question our character. Foster transparency by doing the right thing, working hard, and delivering on our promises.
- Contribute: Recognize our success is dependent on healthy communities and relationships. Cultivate positive relationships, be proactive, be helpful, and make a difference.
- Grow: Pursue opportunities to learn and grow, not just in business, but personally as well.
- Be bold: Creating a new normal and doing so while adhering to these principles will require nothing less than courage and drive.