TAISM is a learning community that is dedicated to providing students exceptional opportunities for developing their intellectual, emotional, social and physical potential. Founded in 1998 to serve American and international families living in Muscat, the school now serves over 720 students representing 61 nationalities. Upon viewing our website, you will see that TAISM, an independent, not-for-profit, international community school, provides unique learning opportunities which are led by a caring and highly trained team of educators and support staff.
TAISM’s expansive and modern campus, located in the suburb of Ghala, includes some of the finest school facilities in Oman. These facilities have been built to support the development of the whole-person. Beyond the core subjects of English, math, science and social studies, students explore a broad-based program of music, art, world languages, physical fitness and athletics, opportunities for service, and fully integrated information technology.
In the Sultanate of Oman, TAISM is the only international school based upon American curriculum and methodologies and is the only school sponsored by the Embassy of the United States of American. As an "International Community School" authorized by the Oman Ministry of Education, the school has been established to serve expatriate children residing in Oman.
Minimum educational requirements for our teachers is an undergraduate degree coupled with a valid North American-recognized teaching certification and a minimum of two years of classroom teaching experience. Most of our vacancies are Full-Time, with an initial two-year contract. Our generous compensation package for Overseas hires includes Initial
- A two-year contract for overseas hired professional staff, and single-year contract thereafter
- Furnished housing
- Utilities paid, including high-speed internet
- Round-trip transportation annually for staff member and dependents
- Savings and retirement plan
- Health, dental, life, long-term disability, and evacuation insurance
- Shipping allowance for staff member and dependents
- Settling-in allowance
- Re-signing bonus after third year of service
- Professional development funding
- Laptop computer for use throughout employment
For more details, visit us at www.taism.com.