Improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Health for a better world
Extraordinary care. Extraordinary caring.
Swedish was founded more than a century ago by a physician and Swedish immigrant, Nils Johanson, M.D., with the generosity of members of our community who wanted to provide our region with the best medical care possible. What started as a 24-bed facility is now the largest not-for-profit health care provider in the greater Seattle area.
As Swedish has evolved, our vision to provide the highest-quality health care for the best value remains unchanged. And the support of our community, through the philanthropic investment of more than $40 million in 2018, continues to help us transform, giving our patients access to the latest treatments and most innovative health care available.
Swedish is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); ambulatory care centers in Redmond and Mill Creek; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of 117 primary and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area.
Our commitment to improving the health of our region extends beyond patient care. Whether through physician clinics, health education, research and innovation or other means of outreach, we are committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond.
2018 Facts and Figures
• 1,571 licensed beds
• 12,961 employees
• 3,867 physicians and allied health professionals
• 11,416 babies born
• 220,955 emergency room visits
• 64,803 inpatient admissions
• 43,168 surgeries performed
• 2,458,503 general outpatient visits (unrelated to surgery or emergency room visits)
• 117 primary and specialty care locations
• Emergency and Urgent Care
• Inpatient and Ambulatory Rehabilitation
• Organ Transplantation
• Primary Care
• Retail, Ambulatory and Virtual Care
• Surgical Services
• Cancer Institute
• Digestive Health Institute
• Heart & Vascular Institute
• Neuroscience Institute
• Orthopedic Institute
• Women and Children
Swedish Medical Group
• Primary Care
• Specialty Care
• First Hill Surgery Center
• Jefferson Healthcare
• Olympic Medical Center
• One Medical Group
• Pacific Medical Centers
• Providence St. Joseph Health
• South East Alaska Regional Health Consortium (SEARHC)
• Family Medicine – Ballard
• Family Medicine – Cherry Hill
• Family Medicine – First Hill