Trexler Library was built in 1988 with an emphasis on future needs and uses. Named after Harry C. Trexler (1854-1933), a local philanthropist and industrialist, the three story building supports both individual and group study needs. Open areas are used for a wide variety of programs, discussions, and speakers throughout the year. The innovative Information Commons provides space for information literacy instruction as well as training on new technologies. The Writing and Information Consultation Center makes it possible for students to tap into the expertise of librarians and Writing Center tutors to develop their course research. Trexler Library also provides space for a Polling Center, a Curriculum Lab, and a media viewing room. With over 340,000 physical items and two million electronic items, the library serves Muhlenberg students, faculty, and staff and reaches out to the greater community through a variety of programs and lending agreements. Whether in the physical building or the comfort of their own home, Trexler Library is committed to ensuring that its patrons have access to all the information they need. During the Fall and Spring Semesters, the building is open 100 hours a week with extended hours during final exams.