MSU Technologies is Michigan State University's technology transfer and commercialization office.
We facilitate the commercial development and public use of technologies and copyrightable materials developed by MSU faculty and staff. Our goal is to move MSU's technologies from the lab to the marketplace to improve lives and communities locally, regionally, and around the world. To accomplish that goal, our office
• manages the university's extensive intellectual property portfolio, evaluating the commercial potential of each invention
• works with MSU researchers on the invention disclosure and technology transfer process
• protects inventions by filing patent applications
• markets and licenses commercially viable technologies to large corporations and small-to-mid-sized businesses
• works with Spartan Innovations to launch start-up companies based around MSU technologies
• facilitates confidential disclosure and material transfer agreements (CDA/MTA)
[MSU Equal Employment Opportunity Statement] All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
MSUT's knowledgeable staff of professionals possesses a useful combination of technical and industry experience and will personally work with both researchers and industry representatives throughout the commercialization process. Find the technology manager assigned to your campus unit. MSU Technologies is part of the MSU Innovation Center, in collaboration with MSU Business-Connect and Spartan Innovations.