Magnetar Capital is a leading alternative asset manager with $14.8 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2023. We are headquartered just north of Chicago in Evanston, Illinois, and operate three additional offices in New York, Houston and London.
Magnetar aims to generate tomorrow’s diversifying return streams by challenging today’s investment norms. We seek to generate consistent performance across a variety of market conditions by identifying differentiated investment strategies that we believe can be developed into scalable businesses. Our three core businesses – Alternative Credit & Fixed Income, Energy & Infrastructure and Systematic Investing – cater to a wide-range of investor needs.
Magnetar employees are among the best in the business at what they do. We attract highly skilled, dedicated professionals who enjoy working collaboratively and implementing innovative ideas. Our employees have an intense level of intellectual curiosity, a profound passion for our work and care deeply about delivering results for the firm and for one another.
We celebrate unique backgrounds and perspectives, and work hard to foster an inclusive and welcoming environment where each employee is empowered to thrive, both in and outside of the office. We are purposeful about investing in employee health, well-being and firm culture. See below for a preview of some benefits and perks you’ll enjoy as a Magnetar employee.
Sampling of Employee Benefits:
• 401(k) company match
• Premier health, dental and vision insurance
• Unlimited vacation and sick time
• Flexible hybrid work environment
• Paid parental leave
• Daily lunch stipend
• Stocked office kitchen full of complimentary beverages and healthy snacks
• Onsite gym
• Investments in supporting mental health: Comprehensive mental health benefits through Spring Health, premium Calm app subscription and more
• Regular employee events (i.e., happy hours, educational sessions, fitness classes, parenting seminars, community service opportunities)
• Three employee groups that offer programming and networking opportunities: Magnetar Women’s Network, Magnetar Parents Network and Magnetar Professional Development Network
• Charitable match program
• Access to LinkedIn Learning tools to further professional development