Kenosha Bible Church – Executive Pastor
• Kenosha Bible Church (KBC) is a 97-year-old church in a town with a population of around 100,000. The average attendance is 600 people per Sunday.
• The building is approximately 50K square feet and sits on 11.5 acres of land. There is no institutional debt. The sanctuary underwent a major remodeling in 2018.
• There are four other full-time pastors (Senior, Worship, Children, Youth). We have a 30-hour Office Manager, a half time bookkeeper, three part-time office administrative assistants (78 total hours), and two part-time janitors (22 total hours).
• We currently run three services in two time slots. We have live preaching in the sanctuary at 9:00 and 10:30 a.m. We have live worship but a video sermon in the gym at 10:30. All the services have a blended style of worship music including both hymns and contemporary songs. However, the sanctuary services are primarily piano driven and the video café service is primarily guitar driven.
• KBC has a congregational form of governance. There is a board of 10 Elders and there are multiple Ministry Teams. Due to our size, we run a hybrid model. Half of our Ministry Teams answer to paid staff and half answer to the Elders. We are currently working on implementing a Team Ministry model to increase effectiveness, communication, and consistency. Some of our Ministry Team level leaders have not built their teams or implemented a team leadership strategy. The Executive Pastor will provide leadership to the Ministry Team model.
• The office, janitorial, and financial staff currently report directly to the Office Manager. The Office Manager will report to the Executive Pastor.
• Currently our Property, Communications, and IT directors are volunteers. They will report directly to the Executive Pastor.
• Our primary engine for discipleship is small groups.
• We utilize the Life Group model but also have both men’s and women’s small groups.
• KBC has some ethnic diversity. The city of Kenosha is 18% Hispanic and 11% African American. Our goal is to increase our diversity to better reflect the demographics of our community.