What I liked
- I felt I was doing meaningful work, rather than just “intern” busy work. The work I was doing was equivalent to the work of full time employees and that truly made me feel empowered as an intern.
- I was always kept busy which made the days fly by.
- Even though it was a remote internship, I met with other employees/interns multiple times a day via Microsoft Teams which made me feel part of a team and less isolated.
- Throughout the course of the internship they had multiple meetings with all of the interns to discuss useful skills such as interviewing, how recruiting works, resume writing, and more.
- They provided free lunch through GrubHub for an Intern meeting, they sent us a "Welcome Package" at the start of the internship, and they provided me with a laptop.
- Overall, the work environment at Henry Schein this past summer was a very positive and supportive one.