A prime example of adaptive reuse in architecture, GoggleWorks derives its name from its origin as the Willson Goggle Factory, which opened in 1871 as the first factory in the U.S. to manufacture optical lenses. After a year-long renovation fulfilled by generous support from the community and state government, the abandoned factory was transformed into GoggleWorks Center for the Arts, opening our doors in 2005 as one of the largest comprehensive arts centers in the country. Today, GoggleWorks supports aspiring, emerging, and established artists through year-round arts education including: artist studios, workshops, classes, visiting artists, residencies, studio access, and exhibitions. Additionally, GoggleWorks offers a robust schedule of community programs and special events including: the annual Arts Festival Reading and Spring Iron Pour, monthly Spotlight Nights, and our After-School Arts Program. The campus is open daily from 9am-9pm. Admission and parking are always free.