Family Solutions is a private, not-for profit home and community based agency developed to provide counseling and supportive services to children and families who are at-risk for experiencing out of home placement or have had children removed from the home. It is our belief that children should grow up with their families.
The philosophy of Family Solutions, Inc. is based on the belief in the importance and strength of the family as the primary care provider of children. We understand that raising a family is difficult work but believe that all families are capable of providing for the safe and healthy development of its members and are experts over their own lives. Utilizing the principles of Family Preservation and Family Systems theory, Family Solutions seeks to enhance the abilities of families to maintain safe and supportive environments in order to prevent out of home placement of children, or to reunify families when placement has become necessary. We strive to promote family-focused practice among youth and family professionals, and to advocate on behalf of families and services to families.
Purpose of Family Preservation Services
• To preserve family unity where children's safety can be supported.
• To maintain permanency for children.
• To empower families to achieve or sustain independence and self-sufficiency.
Goals of Family Preservation Services
• To enhance the parents' ability to create a safe, stable and nurturing home environment that promotes healthy child development.
• To prevent out-of-home placement of children, when safety can be acquired for all family members.
• To provide, refer to, and coordinate services needed to achieve or maintain family safety, stability, independence and unity.
Skills & Models Utilized:
• Including, but not limited to, parenting, behavior modification, emotion management, budgeting, home management, relapse prevention, decision making, communication, and accessing community resources.
• Evidence-based Practices: Family Centered Treatment, Trauma Informed Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Trust Based Relational Intervention, Systematic Training for Effective Parenting, and 123 Magic.