OUR MISSION : HELP FAMILIES THRIVE
For 130 years, our organization has helped hundreds of thousands of people. While our name and specific services have changed over the years, our accomplishments have woven a common thread of helping families achieve their goals through better health and education. Currently, we have over 200 full-time and part-time staff that provide service in 87 of Nebraska’s counties.
Our current services include :
• Behavioral Health Program: The Behavioral Health Program strengthens families and support youth through individual and family therapy, skills building, referrals, and advocacy.
• Child Care Food Program: The child Care Food Program (CCFP) reimburses home childcare providers for serving nutritious meals to children.
• Housing & Support Services: The Housing and Support Services programs provide coordinated resources and care to families to prevent a housing crisis and to keep children safe and in the family home. Case management support and rental assistance are also provided to families to transition them from homelessness to housing using the best practice Rapid Re-Housing model.
• Youth Development Program: The Youth Development Program partners with schools, families, and neighborhoods to provide expanded learning opportunities, in safe environments, while helping to build stronger communities.
• Women, Infants, and Children (WIC): WIC provides food benefits, nutrition educations, and breastfeeding support to help pregnant women, infants and children under five to be healthy and strong.