- Good opportunity to practice teaching, classroom management, and lesson planning skills
- Comprehensive support from the supervisors
- Forming bonds with co-workers and students
What I wish was different
- The overall structure of the tutoring sessions (i.e. receiving 20 students at differing reading levels all at once for only 30 minute intervals)
- The amount of resources allocated to us at the school (i.e. we were only allowed limited access to the printers, library books, other school materials like paper, pencils, scissors, and crayons)
- Be flexible in your planning and in your ability to work with others. Curveballs are always thrown in the classroom and in school (specifically elementary school) settings.