Join the best-managed and most innovative city in Texas! The City of Round Rock is a municipality located in Williamson County, which is a part of the Greater Austin metropolitan area.
Running a vibrant and growing city with fifteen departments takes a variety of skills, knowledge and talent. As a paid intern, you can put your passion into practice by collaborating with team members in communications, finance, fire, information technology, library, parks and recreation, police, transportation or utilities and environmental services to name a few.
We have something for everyone! Whether you are looking for your first job or want to grow in your current career, you will have an opportunity to expand your interests by building community and making connections. We are a united team, committed to enhancing local government and serving over 120,000 residents in Round Rock. Our culture is built on seven values - integrity, respect, compassion and support, teamwork, resourcefulness, and service excellence.
Join our team and find out why the City of Round Rock, Rocks!
2022 Intern Feedback:
• “This internship opportunity greatly differed from my expectations, in a hugely positive way…while I have always been interested in working in local government, this opportunity confirmed it.”
• “I feel more confident in my skills and my degree choice since the program not only helped me to develop those skills but made me feel competent in real world experiences.”
• “Almost all of my assignments were with other team members in which I worked closely and collaborated with them on. I always felt like I could share my ideas and that I was an important part of the team.”
• “I was amazed by the amount of work that goes into municipal finance. It was interesting to see all the components of financial activities in the city.”
• “This gave me a greater understanding on how social media works in general, but more specifically, how social media ties into city work.”