Camillus House has grown steadily over the years from a small soup kitchen into a full-service center offering what we call a comprehensive “system of care” for the poor and homeless — a seamless, step-by-step process designed to bring persons from a life on the streets all the way to permanent housing.
Fully integrated services are provided through multiple program areas.
• Fully integrated services are provided through multiple program areas.
• Compassionate Healing (substance abuse and mental health treatment)
• Continuum of Housing (emergency, transitional, and permanent housing)
• Compassionate Hospitality (food, clothing, showers, outreach, case management, rent assistance)
• Camillus Health Concern (sister organization providing health care services including adult primary care, pediatrics and a number of specialties)
Camillus House envisions its service to the poor and homeless as a continuum of care which empowers clients towards personal rehabilitation and proactive integration as productive members of the general population.
Our vision for tomorrow is always built on the ideals of our founding mission which aims to provide every client with opportunities to combine personal and community resources in order to affect physical, mental and spiritual well-being.
We commit ourselves eagerly to the adaptation of our mission in order to meet the new challenges facing the homeless in our contemporary society.