Join the Albemarle County Team:
Albemarle County is one of the most desirable locations in Virginia and the nation, with an excellent school system, low taxes, low crime and unemployment rates, a skilled and educated workforce, and a wealth of cultural, historical, and recreational amenities in a beautiful setting.
It’s our mission to enhance the well-being and quality of life for all citizens through the provision of the highest level of public service consistent with the prudent use of public funds.
We deliver this in a diverse locality, with rural, suburban and urban characteristics. The Albemarle County Core Values are the foundation for all we do.
• Integrity: We value our customers and co-workers by always providing honest and fair treatment.
• Innovation: We embrace creativity and positive change. Learn about this from the People of Albemarle. Have you heard about our partnership for an autonomous shuttle in Crozet?
• Stewardship: We honor our role as stewards of the public trust by managing our natural, human and financial resources respectfully and responsibly.
• Learning: We encourage and support lifelong learning and personal and professional growth. We support our team through internal and external training opportunity. Check out our free in-house training opportunities.
• Community: We expect diversity, equity and inclusion to be integrated into how we live our mission. See how we’re living out this value in the Office of Equity and Inclusion 2020 Annual Report.
We take care of our team, offering employees BE WELL Albemarle support to provide opportunities to understand and follow an active lifestyle that promotes a culture of good health and wellness.
We take care of the environment, with a department dedicated to programs supporting Pollution Prevention (P2), Energy Conservation and other environmental initiatives.