Farm Service Agency - Student Trainee (Loan Specialist) Incentives May Be Authorized
RECRUITMENT & RELOCATION INCENTIVES MAY BE OFFERED
Locations will be Negotiable: Applicants interested in locations not specifically listed on the announcement are encouraged to communicate/negotiate location availability during the interview stage.
Farm Service Agency Agricultural Loan Specialist Intern
Pathways Student Internship Authority is designed to provide students enrolled in a variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with paid work opportunities in agencies to explore federal careers while in school.
Assignments are designed to develop the knowledge and skills necessary for successful performance of loan specialist work in developing, reviewing, administering, and coordinating programs for direct farmer producer participation.
Students who are currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment on at least a half-time basis at a qualifying educational institution in a certificate, degree, or diploma program with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale are eligible to apply for these internship opportunities. Students must also be planning for or pursuing a certificate or degree in, or related to, the internship opportunity being advertised.
- Performs a variety of duties related to the accomplishment of farm loan program work within FSA.
- Receiving on-the-job training in each of the programs or activities preformed at the State or County FSA Offices
- Work assignments are designed to provide practical application of the knowledge and skills acquired by the student during the formal education phase of the program.
- Track, maintain, and report on status of assigned projects.
- Logs proposals in the electronic tracking system.
- Ensures financial and technical reports have been received and approved.
- Greets and receives visitors.
- Sends, receives, and distributes correspondence.
- May assemble award documents and ensures award packages are complete and accurate.
*Candidates selected from this announcement may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a permanent position in the competitive service, provided that all terms of the Internship Program are met and there is an available position. Conversion is not mandatory or guaranteed and is at agency discretion.
**Recruitment Incentives may be offered.
***Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) may be authorized upon meeting Pathways conversion eligibility requirements, if SLRP policy requirements are met and as Agency funding allows.