Information Technology Intern
This posting is for a part time Information Technology Summer Intern located within the Management Information Systems section of the North Carolina Department of Public Safety (DPS). This Internship is expected to start on May 20, 2024, and last for 10 weeks, ending on July 26, 2024. The work schedule part time, up to 30 hours per week (Monday- Friday 8am-5pm. The rate of pay is $18.00 per hour.
Specific duties will include:
- Imaging and installing new computers for new hires, break-fixes and PC exchanges.
- Troubleshooting hardware related issues
- Loading software and supporting end user problems associated with software.
- Assisting with asset management and inventory control (updating the MET Database)
- Troubleshooting systems at different locations using the remote support software “LogMeIn"
- Resolving incidents and requests assigned in the ServiceNow Ticketing system.
About the Department of Information Technology (DIT)
The NC DIT Office of Privacy & Data Protection leads the state's privacy program, providing support to state agencies to embed privacy and transparency into their activities. Prioritizing Privacy & Data Protection is the mission.
Please Note: This internship opportunity is expected to close on 2/25/24 but recruitment will end early if all available positions have been filled. When positions are filled, applicants will be notified, if not selected, that the internship recruitment window has closed and all positions have been filled.