Labor and Employee Relations Specialist
- You will provide technical and procedural assistance primarily in the area of employee relations.
- You will be directly responsible for supporting and general execution of a variety of HR related programs to include leave programs, telework, awards, employee resource groups and reporting of completed survey result.
- You will coordinate with other HR staff, payroll or contractors.
- You will provide technical guidance and administrative assistance to managers, supervisor and employees on a variety of well-established employee relations programs.
- You will apply Office of Personnel management (OPM), DOD, Navy and NUWDIVNPT policies and directives.
- You will maintain tracking systems to evaluate and provide management with reports pertaining to status, financial impact, types and numbers of awards and provide guidance on award criteria.
- You will provide support to journey/senior level specialists pertaining to grievance investigations, conduct fact finding meetings, create detailed grievance reports, unfair labor practice charges, contract interpretation etc.
- You will prepare correspondence in subject areas and maintain statistical and program data.
- You will provide technical guidance and procedural advice on the flexibilities and appropriate use of leave issues such as sick leave for family care and bereavement, compensatory leave, advanced leave, leave without pay etc.
- You will compose letters or summaries relating to a variety of employee relations, performance management and labor matters.
- You will conduct presentations of basic and/or refresher training in employee relations assigned program areas.