2024 Construction Program Manager Intern
During your 10-12-week period as a Construction/Pre-Construction Program Manager Intern, you will be working with and learning side by side from Amazon’s customer obsessed leaders in construction. In this role, you may support in the implementation of the facility network infrastructure, including new builds, retrofits and expansion. You will learn how to partner with internal customers and external stakeholders to earn their trust and engage as a team to deliver results. Some key competencies of the Amazon construction process that will provide learning opportunities include; insisting on the highest standards, supporting the team to ensure that contracted resources deliver work meeting duration and quality targets, thinking big (seeking better ways to serve your customers), influencing internal stakeholders while holding them accountable for their actions, supporting construction managers to ensure all job internal and external team members are on point and maintaining schedules and budgets, helping to invent and simplify innovative solutions that allow for improved processes and results, and supporting more than one project in various locations. This internship opportunity provides for the familiarization of construction, engineering, planning, project management, facilities management, and contract management. The Construction Program Manager Intern position may include travel to project sites.
Key Job Learning Opportunities
• Observing the implementation and management of Amazon’s safety programs and standards with the entire internal and external project team.
• Supporting the construction team to ensure that the skills and competencies of contract labor are appropriate to need and fit to undertake the work.
• Witnessing comprehensive budget, schedule tracking and forecasting which strives for frugality and accomplishing more with less while identifying and solving factors that may impede a successful project hand-over to Amazon stakeholders.
• Studying the coordination with the authorities that have jurisdiction (AHJ) on the project to ensure regulatory compliance and smooth job execution.
A Day in the Life
Each day you will be observing Amazon Construction Managers act as owner to ensure the safe on-time and in-budget execution of Amazon construction projects. You may be asked to participate in the daily tasks in support of the team which may be comprised of coordinating with contractors on projected changes and project status, ensuring contractors are meeting their contractual obligations, seeking sustainable environmentally friendly solutions throughout the construction process while implementing Amazon’s building environmentally friendly practices, and utilizing the Amazon information systems to record and update scheduling, budget, and other key developments. You may see and may be asked to assist in negotiating terms of contracts with contractors all the while driving contractors to meet or exceed agreed-to schedules and budgets. Additionally, you will observe and may participate in weekly architect, owner and contractor (AOC) meetings providing input on root causes and corrective action.
About the Team
At Amazon, we are all Owners and leverage unique opportunities presented to us by owning everything through design review, construction bidding, construction execution, and final hand-off to our customers. We are a diverse, upbeat, creative, team of engineers and managers working daily to develop the innovative physical assets our Customers expect and striving to be the Earth’s best employer.
• This role is for nationwide opportunities and not just for Seattle locations only. Applicants must be open to relocation.
• Internship start dates will be between May- June 2024 for a 10-12-week, consecutive internship.
• We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role or consider students with visa sponsorship needs.
• For more information, please visit https://amazonundergradstudent.splashthat.com
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Work 40 hours/week throughout the course of a 12-week summer internship between May through September
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program with a graduation conferral date between December 2024 and June 2025.
- Strong academic, leadership, and/or extracurricular record.
- Effective interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to influence across all levels of an organization.
- Strong time management skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $22.84/hr in our lowest geographic market up to $51.54/hr in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. This position will remain posted until filled. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.