Microsoft 365 Platform Admin
DEDICATED TO STRENGTHENING THE HEALTH, SAFETY, AND INDEPENDENCE OF IDAHOANS
People Making a Difference!
***THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE OPEN UNTIL FILLED. APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO BE CONSIDERED.
The Information Technology and Services Division (ITSD) is currently seeking a talented and motivated candidate to serve as the primary owner and administrator of our Microsoft 365 tenant in our efforts to promote a unified, stable platform in alignment with Microsoft standards and best practices. This position requires in-depth technical, administrative, and design experience necessary to administer, support, and maintain our Microsoft 365 platform. This role will need a tactical eye for analyzing business needs and a thorough understanding of Microsoft 365’s features and functionalities to deploy the proper technologies to satisfy each business case. The position will work closely in a team environment with developers, architects, QA, infrastructure, and business experts to implement sustainable solutions. This position is remote optional and ITSD will provide the necessary computer equipment.
BEST RETIREMENT AVAILABLE IN THE NATION
We have one of the Nation's best state retirement systems (PERSI) that offers a lifetime benefit.
OTHER EXCELLENT BENEFITS
- excellent medical, dental and vision insurance- (full-time/30+ hours per week) employee only coverage for PPO $65/month for medical and vision & $11.80/month for dental
- generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start
- 11 paid holidays a year
- paid parental leave
- multiple savings plans, optional 401K, and optional 457
- basic life insurance for employee and family (employee covered at one times annual salary; spouse covered at $10,000; child covered at $5,000)
- wellness programs
- ongoing training opportunities
- an opportunity for student loan forgiveness
- and more!
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Meet with business units to determine Microsoft 365 needs
- Provision and administer SharePoint Online environments, ensuring availability, performance, interoperability, and reliability
- Configure, deploy, and manage Microsoft 365 solutions that focus on efficient and effective collaboration, including but not limited to: SharePoint, OneDrive, and Teams
- Anticipate implementation obstacles and develop plans to address them
- Analyze cross-technology and cross-platform issues
- Provide input into the technology plan for the organization and ensure that plans are integrated effectively with other aspects of the technical infrastructure
- Implement and maintain Microsoft 365 security, governance, failover, backup, and recovery
- Provide advanced level support and troubleshooting to resolve platform and solution-level issues
- Serve as a subject matter expert providing consultation services to project teams
- Provide recommendations for investment in new products and technology solutions, supported by appropriate ROI, total cost of ownership, and/or cost benefit analyses
You must possess all the minimum qualifications below to pass the exam for this position. Please make sure your resume or work history supports your meeting the minimum qualifications for this position. Failure to do this may disqualify you from being considered for this position. It is highly recommended to attach a one-page cover letter to your application to demonstrate how you meet the requirements below.
- Considerable knowledge of current information technology trends and capabilities. Typically requires a Bachelor's degree directly related to information technology OR at least four years of full time work experience in information technology.
- Experience installing, maintaining, troubleshooting network, server, or storage systems. Typically requires at least four years of full time work experience where these duties were part of your primary job responsibilities.
- Experience resolving network or server problems. Typically requires at least four years of full time work experience (within the last five years) where this was part of your primary job responsibilities.
- Experience working with end users to develop and implement information technology solutions for user computing needs in a business environment. Typically requires at least four years of full time work experience interviewing and consulting with clients/users to develop and implement solutions to meet computing requirements in a business environment.
- Experience as a technical lead implementing or supporting network, server or storage systems. Typically requires at least four years full time job experience where this was part of your primary job responsibilities.
Below is preferred experience. It is not required for the position but applicants with this experience may receive consideration over other applicants.
- Experience provisioning, administering, optimizing, troubleshooting, upgrading, and migrating SharePoint Online sites. Typically gained by at least two years of related SharePoint Online experience as a primary responsibility.
- Experience administering Microsoft 365 collaboration environments. Typically gained by at least two years of experience administering an enterprise-level Microsoft 365 tenant, including SharePoint Online, Teams, OneDrive, etc.
- Experience using Cloud administration tools such as AvePoint Cloud Governance and/or Microsoft PowerShell. Typically gained by at least two years of experience using administrative tools to configure and manage Microsoft Online tenants.
- Certified as a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert in SharePoint and/or Microsoft 365 Teamwork Administrator Associate. Certified or updated within the last three years. Typically gained by at least two years of related SharePoint Online experience as a primary responsibility.
- Experience with scripting languages in a large production environment. Typically gained by at least two years of related SharePoint Online experience as a primary responsibility.
***PLEASE NOTE: application assistance is not available after the business hours listed below, on the weekends, or on holidays and you must apply before 4:59 pm on the closing date. When applying, use CHROME as your browser to avoid complications.
If you have questions, please contact us at:
Email is the quickest way to get an answer to your questions.
(answered Monday through Friday during business hours MST)
PHONE: (208) 334-0681
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process, you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.