Serves as Project Engineer on assigned engineering, activities associated with the construction and operations and maintenance project administered by the Area Office.
This position is located at: United States Army Engineer District, Buffalo Technical Services Division, Construction Branch NY/PA Area Office, Geneva, NY.
- Reviews and analyzes contractor plan and submittal for approval action, including progress schedules, environmental, safety and quality control program, certification of shop drawings.
- Makes periodic checks of contractors work for overall compliance with Plans and Specifications and other contract and construction requirements.
- Prepares timely, accurate, and effective communications for customers, stakeholders, strategic partners, the workforce, and the public.
- Investigates sites to determine problem areas and recommend solutions.
- Monitors scheduled progress of all construction activities and phases of construction and advise the Area Engineer of potential delay.
- Ensures government property is properly maintained, store, transferred and disposed of as time warrants.