Fraud Monitoring Intern
As a Fraud Monitoring Intern, you’ll have the opportunity to provide support across our entire Global Threat Detection and Response team to help identify and prevent fraud from being orchestrated against Best Buy. In addition, you’ll participate in a summer series that includes our executive speaker events, Excel and PowerPoint workshops, and personal and professional development sessions.
This internship runs from June to August 2024. It’s a hybrid role, meaning you must be located within a drivable distance to our corporate office in Richfield, Minnesota. You’ll be asked to come into the office 3 days per week. This internship does not have the potential to lead to a full-time opportunity. Housing will not be provided.
What you’ll do
- Cross-collaborate with other departments to identify the location of data for reporting purposes
- Build out new reporting capabilities and data visualization tools
- Analyze data to identify fraud patterns and potential system/policy loopholes
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or associate degree from an accredited college/university
- Must be able to work in the Richfield, MN corporate office Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week Monday-Friday between the hours of 7:00am-5pm
- Must be able to commit to the internship start and end date of 6/3/2024- 8/9/2024
- Must be able to commit to being no more than 2 hours driving distance from the Minneapolis Corporate Campus - 7601 Penn Ave South Richfield, MN 55423
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Interest in fraud prevention, investigations, analytics, and related areas
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with data visualization tools like PowerBI or Tableau
What’s in it for you
We’re committed to helping our people thrive at work and at home. We offer generous benefits that address your total well-being and provide support as you need it, especially key moments in your life.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Generous employee discount
- Financial savings and retirement resources
- Physical and mental well-being support
As part of the Best Buy team, you’ll help us fulfill our purpose to enrich lives through technology. We bring that to life every day by humanizing and personalizing tech solutions for every stage of life — in our stores, online and in customers’ homes.
Our culture is built on deeply supporting and valuing our amazing employees who make it all possible. We’re committed to being a great place to work, where you can unlock unique career possibilities. Above all, we aim to provide a place where you can bring your full, authentic self to work now and into the future. Tomorrow works here.™