IT DevOps Intern - ITDEV007508-00001
The Capital Area Division (CAD) of Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is seeking an IT DevOps Intern who is currently enrolled as an Undergraduate (junior or senior) or Graduate Degree program and wants to gain related work experience for an outstanding internship opportunity. This position will provide opportunities to work in operational cloud environments for DHS applications, build and maintain infrastructure that solves real-world analysis problems, and build systems that help data scientists quickly solve problems related to homeland security and intelligence analysis.
Specific Duties Include:
The qualified intern will support projects requiring IT development skills/interests including DevOps, CI/CD, containerization, and automation. This includes developing automation that supports deploying and maintaining IT environments, developing containerized applications that help support automated processes, and developing CI/CD and DevOps processes that ensure secure and efficient capability delivery. These IT development activities will support analysis-focused environments, so any interest in operations research and analysis is a plus.
Relevant degree areas include Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
* High school diploma
* An analytic mindset, with strong problem-solving abilities
* Eagerness to learn new tools and techniques
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Familiarity with scripting languages and processes (g.python, yaml, json, groovy, bash/shell)
* Familiarity with GIT for source control management
* Familiarity or interest in DevOps and automation processes/tools (Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins)
* Familiarity or interest in containerized software deployment/management (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
* Must be a U.S. Citizen
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
* Must be a currently enrolled, full-time student in a Bachelor’s Degreeprogram or above, at an accredited university
* Familiarity with Linux
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint, etc.)
* Interest in operations research and analysis
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1200 professionals. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership fosters greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company’s success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at www.ara.com.
Please apply at www.careers.ara.com for the IT DevOps Intern position.
* Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
* Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
* Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
* Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
* Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
* Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
* Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
* Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
* Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)