Engineering Operations Intern
Program Overview: June 3rd, 2024- Aug 16th, 2024
Are you an innovative, forward-thinker who would like to make an impact within the telecommunications industry? Comcast’s West Division is seeking dynamic, self-motivated interns who have a strong passion to drive the age of innovation during an immersive summer experience with us! Our paid 10-week program gives interns hands-on experience working with various groups across multiple office locations within Comcast’s West Division. As a member of the team, you will gain invaluable knowledge of the industry, be a part of our diverse and welcoming culture, and receive exposure to other areas of the business.
Additionally, your experience will include:
Engagement: Working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units at Comcast during your internship experience.
Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
Professional Development: Exposure to a variety of professional development topics facilitated by various partners and senior leaders within the organization. These sessions include speaker series, skill-building workshops, panels and networking opportunities.
Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues and Comcast Intern Alumni to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network.
Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
Career Opportunity: This full-time internship with Comcast gives you the opportunity to move into a full-time career with a Fortune 20 company post-graduation. (Offers are not guaranteed and based on performance and profile match)
Responsible for collecting, processing, analyzing and reporting data related to Engineering Operations. Produces both recurring and ad-hoc reports with the purpose of measuring progress towards goals, measuring performance against objectives and the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Collects, processes and analyzes data to provide recurring and ad-hoc reports.
- Partners with team members and business leaders to develop and understand metrics packages.
- Partners with team members to analyze qualitative and quantitative data to for the purpose of reporting for customer, process and other business acumen.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Graduation date between December 2025 and May 2026
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university
- Authorized to work in the United States of America and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Strong interest in the technology, telecommunications, cable, and media industries
- Ability to work independently and in group settings
- Ability to report to assigned office post-graduation if offered and accepted a fulltime position
- Must have internet access to perform work virtually
- Must reside or attend school near the host office