ACT Film Festival - Volunteer Coordinator Intern
The 9th annual ACT Human Rights Film Festival comes to Colorado State University in April 2024. Produced by the Department of Communication Studies, the festival showcases the best in human rights cinema from around the world. The Volunteer Coordinator plays a key role in the ACT Human Rights Film Festival’s success. Coordinator helps with recruiting, managing, and thanking volunteers at ACT events and the annual film festival. ACT Human Rights Film Festival Volunteer Coordinator reports to ACT’s Managing Director. Location of office varies depending on task. A laptop computer is available for use.
This is a one-credit internship.
Goal: To recruit, retain, and steward dedicated volunteers before, during, and after the festival.
Key duties include:
- Recruit, train, and manage all ACT film festival volunteers.
- Research and review industry standards for best practices in volunteer management and stewardship.
- Create a volunteer signup including identifying roles and responsibilities, a timeline, and desired traits/skills.
- Develop volunteer plan for filmmaker hospitality support.
- Attend all ACT Human Rights Film Festival’s main events and be the onsite volunteer manager for each film (requires significant hours April 3-7. Requires some weeknights and weekends).
- Track all volunteer hours and duties. Create and maintain a report on volunteer metrics (i.e. where volunteers heard about the opportunity, number of volunteers, and volunteer hours).
- Execute volunteer evaluation and stewardship following the festival.
- Prepare a pass-along packet with all information documented.
Timeline: Internship follows Colorado State University’s Spring 2024 academic calendar.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Must be at least a second year undergraduate student
- Must be a Communication Studies or Interdisciplinary Liberal Arts major
- Previous, meaningful volunteer experience in any field
- Previous event planning experience
- Experience managing volunteers or employees
- Demonstrated Interest in social justice and DEI
To apply: Please upload a cover letter and resume.
Employee Benefits: Employee Benefit information can be found on HR’s Website.
Number of Openings: 1
Questions? Email: Beth.Seymour@colostate.edu