Spring 2024 Part Time IT Technical Internship
BlueCastle IT Solutions has an immediate opening for a Spring 2024 internship - part time 15-20 hrs/wk at $15/hr pay rate.
We are looking for a candidate that can ideally start January 2024.
Our internships are sometimes funded through CT Technology Talent Bridge (TTB). Per the requirements of TTB you must be an enrolled student in your 3rd or 4th year for a Bachelor's Degree, or on your 2nd year of an Associate's Degree. Regardless of source of funding, we require all our interns to meet these requirements.
The end date of the Spring internship is based on applicant's availability given their school schedule.
There is flexibility in the scheduling of work hours based on the intern's schedule and availability.
Intern at an MSP (IT Managed Services Provider) and gain valuable Information Technology industry experience working along our IT Support Technician team who provide assistance to our small and mid-size business clients.
No prior experience required however a strong interest and passion for technology is a must. Basic familiarity with Windows 10 OS/Mac OSX and Microsoft Office software suite is a plus.
Principal Activities & Responsibilities:
- Support the IT Support team in maintaining hardware, software, and other client sytems
- Support the IT Support team with maintaining and streamlining customer documentation
- Assist with keeping documentation and inventory up to date.
- Organize and maintain company IT equipment and peripherals
- Perform software and hardware installation upgrades
- Assist with client new user/new workstation setup tasks
IT MSP Industry standard tools you will get trained on and gain hands on experience with:
- PSA/Ticketing - Connectwise Manage
- RMM (Remote Monitoring & Management) tools - Kaseya VSA and Addigy
- Documentation - IT Glue
- Internal Communication - Microsoft Teams, Microsoft OneDrive/Sharepoint
Note: This is an in-person internship which requires you to work out of the BlueCastle IT main office located in Cheshire, CT. Our staff has been vaccinated against COVID-19 but continue to follow CDC guidelines for wearing masks, social distancing, etc.
The internship may also come with opportunies to shadow technicians with client onsite work at the client's office locations however this is optional and as an intern you can opt to not participate in such opportunities due to concerns over COVID-19.