Please review the entire announcement here.
The Bureau of Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on their expertise as a Park Ranger. You can make a difference in the West by supporting mission objectives centered around managing and protecting water supply services in an environmentally sound manner in the interest of the American public.
Duty Location: Sonora, California
Starting Salary: $46,696
As a Park Ranger, your duties and responsibilities will include :
- Preparing reports, evaluations, bulletins, and memoranda in support of the conservation of park resources.
- Providing information to visitors and making presentations to interested groups.
- Monitoring onsite programs to determine if visitor needs are met or to develop recommendations for improvement.
- Planning day-to-day operations of recreation areas and coordinating routine activities with maintenance personnel.
- Conducting periodic inspections of grounds areas, picnic areas, roads, buildings, roads, and parking areas to determine quality of operations and services.
- Assisting in emergencies and cooperating with other law enforcement agencies to protect park visitors and resources.
- Developing portions of cultural history resource management plans or visitor use management plans.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.