Global Diagnostics Medical Affairs Veterinary Intern
GLOBAL DIAGNOSTICS MEDICAL AFFAIRS VETERINARY INTERN
Location: US Remote
The following hourly pay rates reflect the anticipated base pay for this position:
If the selected candidate is a student pursuing an Associate-level degree: $16.00 per hour
If the selected candidate is a student pursuing an Undergraduate-level degree: $20.00 per hour
If the selected candidate is a student pursing a Graduate-level degree: $32.50 per hour
If the selected candidate is a student pursuing a Doctorate-level degree: $36.00 per hour
The following hourly pay rates reflect the anticipated base pay for this position if a selected candidate were to be located in California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Illinois (Chicago area), Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Washington (Seattle area):
Student pursuing an Associate-level degree: $17.00 per hour
Student pursuing an Undergraduate-level degree: $22.00 per hour
Student pursing a Graduate-level degree: $36.40 per hour
Student pursuing a Doctorate-level degree: $40.30 per hour
Zoetis has more than 65+ years of experience in delivering innovative, high-quality products and services that support the human-animal bond and help to ensure a safe and sustainable global food supply. At Zoetis, our purpose is to nurture our world and humankind by advancing care for animals as well as ensuring we focus on sustainability for our communities and planet. Hear from our colleagues from around the world as they share why they work at Zoetis and how their work contributes to our purpose.
GLOBAL DIAGNOSTICS MEDICAL AFFAIRS TEAM:
The Global Diagnostics Medical Affairs commercial division is composed of a group of talented diagnostic medical experts (veterinarians and scientists), who partner with product management and marketing to develop strategies for the brands they support, lead technical projects/research with external key opinion leaders (KOLs) and internal development teams, participate in KOL development, and are the medical leads in reviewing educational and advertising/promotional materials for the diagnostic line of marketed products/services. The team is also involved in research concerning both innovative and existing diagnostic products.
This position will help with projects that involve literature review, laboratory studies, and customer medical education events. Some projects may include improving or devising a new process or way of organization. Learning opportunities include exposure to industry veterinary careers, medical marketing, product development, clinical pathology rounds, and business leadership.
This role is highly collaborative, working with numerous colleagues across multiple geographies and divisions within the Medical Affairs team, including clinical studies, marketing support, digital clinical pathology, Zoetis Reference Laboratories, and consultative specialists.
- Enrolled in a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine program
- Clinical pathology experience or training a plus
- Research experience
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with various stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate and effectively work within cross-functional teams
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in various positions: sitting, standing, bending.
TRAVEL AND PROGRAM DATES:
- Full-time summer internship will begin in May/June and last until mid-August (duration will be 10-13 weeks), thereafter, possible conversion of role to part-time up to 6 months.
- Up to 20-40% travel; various US locations
- Work flexible hours to meet lab times and multiple time zones. Occasional travel to sites.
- Must have valid US driver’s license.