Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability - Intern
Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Intern to join our Global Facilities and Engineering (GFE) department located at our Ridgefield Connecticut facility. As an Intern, you will assist the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) group in the planning and implementation of safety, health and environmental programs, to meet regulatory and corporate requirements for site activities.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies´ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim´s high regard for ouremployees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand and assess regulatory, safety and environmental risks at a research & development facility.
- Provide Environmental Program support: including Wastewater, Waste, and Air compliance.
- Provide Industrial Hygiene, General Safety and Occupational Safety program support.
- Support Research and Development colleagues, including through Chemical and Laboratory Safety programs.
- Opportunities to collaborate with colleagues in Global Facilities & Engineering – this includes Engineers, Architects, Quality Compliance, Facilities Management and Security – to support inter-departmental projects.
- Assist with sustainability programs and green initiatives.
- Must be a current undergraduate, graduate or advanced degree student in good academic standing
- Student must be enrolled at a college or university for the duration of the internship
- Overall cumulative minimum GPA from last completed quarter/semester 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) preferred
- Major or minor in related field of internship
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least 12 credit hours at current college or university
- Graduate and Advanced Degree students must have completed at least 9 credit hours at current college or university
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Major should include coursework in any of the following: sciences (i.e., chemistry; biology), engineering, environmental studies, sustainability, or occupational health and safety.
- Basic understanding of Environmental Health and Safety Management.
- Ability to work effectively as a sole contributor and on teams with minimal supervision.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older