CTS - Tech Bar Consultant
Provide a single point of contact to UW-Parkside Faculty, Staff and Students for information technology related problems. Assist these members of the UW-Parkside community with telephone, email or ticket inquiries to resolve or escalate IT System issues and problems. Provide support and incident management and client communications for IT system faults and outages and service requests.
The desired candidate not only opens and closes tickets quickly, but they leave a perception with the customer of an organized, professional, friendly and competent IT Department. For this reason, personal traits such as friendly demeanor, attention to detail, communication skills, and emotional intelligence are important characteristics for this role.
Customer Service Skills
Planning & Organizing Skills
Problem Solving Skills
Time Management Skills
Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Provide first-level contact and problem resolution for all users with hardware, software and applications problems. Resolve as many user-reported problems as expertise permits using available tools, and following procedures and policies for handling of support cases.
- Obtain and convey concise problem information for external and internal service personnel. Demonstrate consistently good customer service skills.
- Provide accurate and timely logging of problems and resolutions. Follow incident and problem recording and documentation standards.
- Escalate problems as appropriate following Help Desk procedures.
Professional Development Requirements:
- Attend all required Professional Development Training
- Read books, periodicals, and internal documentation to improve knowledge of the information technology and future trends.
- Attend classes, training, and workshops to increase IT knowledge and other relevant skills as designated by Client Services Manager and Desktop Support full time staff.