Student Trainee (Environmental Protection) - R10
Get ready for an exhilarating internship with the Environmental Protection Agency.
At the GS-4 grade level, you will:
- Assisting with varied but routine environmental protection work to support higher level members of the branch or division for planning for program management of environmental programs;
- Reviewing and summarizing a variety of environmental program information data for supervisor’s use in preparing reports and programs evaluations;
- Assisting higher graded specialists by performing clear cut assignments that allow employee to become familiar with the basic EPA statues and regulations;
- Working as a team member on a special project or study teams performing day-to-day staff operations to assist higher level analysts in the organization to which assigned.
At the GS-5 grade level, you will:
- Review files, records and other documents to compile and summarize information pertaining to environmental programs and/or compliance reviews;
- Provide information and assistance on procedural requirements and formats for filing various applications, permits, grant applications, or compliance-related forms and documents which may be required;
- Collect, track, compute, and summarize statistical information and data in chart and narrative forms;
- Conduct information searches and reviews references and guidelines to resolve problems and questions in assigned functional area.
One or more positions may be filled (in the organization advertised and/or in other organizations), if appropriate to the position.