ENGINEER - RESEARCH ENGINEER - Spacecraft Structural Engineer
Who We Are:
The Spacecraft Development Department is a group of innovative engineers, program managers, and technicians developing unique spacecraft solutions for challenging space missions. We design and fabricate custom solutions to explore the boundaries of science or solve complex problems not yet delivered by industry using a variety of payloads.
Objectives of this Role:
- Work in multidisciplinary project teams to design, analyze, and build cutting edge space instrumentation, mechanisms, and spacecraft hardware to enable the next generation of spaceflight exploration.
- Interface with customers and support design reviews to justify design decisions.
- Support R&D and promotional efforts to develop and implement new technologies.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Support design efforts using CAD for spaceflight technologies including sensors, mechanisms, and spacecraft.
- Perform structural and thermal analyses of flight hardware using finite element software and classical techniques.
- Perform fabrication efforts for spaceflight hardware.
- Test hardware to demonstrate robustness against the environmental conditions of launch and space.
- Requires a Bachelors or a Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 0-3 years: Design experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) software such as Pro-Engineer or Solidworks is preferred.
- Analysis experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software is preferred.
- Spaceflight mechanism and deployable experience is desirable.
- A valid/clear driver's license is required.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas