At Trane TechnologiesTM and through our businesses including Trane® and Thermo King®, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
Work Arrangement: Hybrid- based out of Lexington, KY
• Associate degree preferred; 4+ years of experience required in lieu of degree
• Knowledge of designing equipment, drafting and computer aided design and applies knowledge to assigned tasks; or knowledge in product definition, product configuration, bills of materials and applies knowledge to tasks.
• Good understanding of product configuration and product applications are a plus. Creo experience is a plus.
• Skilled use of computer aided graphic system. Ability to envision, apply and implement computer aided graphic solutions.
• Knowledge of various Trane HVAC products (In-depth of some) and understanding of refrigeration cycle a plus. Training in controls or electrical devices and complex electrical wiring a plus.
• Possesses developed technical skills, specialized expertise unique to a product or business site. Capable of, provides and directs technical assistance to others.
• Coordinate and direct in project planning, scheduling and manpower assignments for multiple projects.
• Will exercise judgment, inventiveness, and conceptual approaches to designing custom modifications to complex HVAC equipment, assemblies or structures utilizing computer design and product life cycle management systems. Records or organizes technical data and reports utilizing a multitude of systems and applications.
• Documentation of parts, bills of materials and product configurations. Able to understand assigned areas, such as; change control, bill of material, product definition & selection, machine design, castings, fabrication, sheet metal, electrical, electronics and welding.
• Understanding and familiarity of all design, drafting practices, product configuration, methods and processes and their development and enforcement.
• Work from oral or written technical engineering instructions, procedures, schematics, drawings, sketches, or self-generated ideas and/or ideas from other design or functional team members. Explore and develop conceivable alternatives to technical and process problems.
• An emphasis on safety and quality is a requirement. Responsible for completion of milestone dates, maintaining progress and recommending action should schedules or tasks be in jeopardy of estimated completion. Ability to recognize and capable of recommending and implementing sound solutions to design or product configuration problems, knows the degree of care and accuracy required of assignments. Will also be responsible for checking the work of other team members for error free deliverables to downstream customers.
• Make necessary calculations, under engineering guidance, using established engineering formula or data for design or configuration solutions.
• Select / specify materials and components for product design using sound practical consideration of requirements.
• Maintains knowledge level of computer aided graphic system, product definition/configuration and other applications through company provided training, reading material and other self-directed methods. Establishes network of resources and is innovative in CAD, design and configuration approaches. Aggressively seeks to improve own and teams abilities through study, reading, discussions, seminars, observation and careful evaluation.
• Must consistently demonstrate responsiveness to the customer and is quality minded in performance of all duties.
• Exercises good communication skills.
• Ensures all product designs meet company standards, especially those of safety, quality and reliability. Watches for the safety and well being of others and adheres to all company safety and security procedures.
• May be required to travel to various locations to support products or train other personnel. May be required to support design processes of other locations.
• Receives functional technical instructions from engineers and other technicians. Has wide latitude for independent action. Responsible for all work direction, content and accuracy.
What’s in it for you:
• Benefits kick in day one!
• 6% 401K match, plus an additional 2% of eligible pay in core contributions
• 3 weeks of vacation per calendar year, plus paid holidays
Base Compensation Range: is $40,000 to $60,000
Disclaimer: This base salary range is based on US national averages. Actual base pay could be a result of seniority, merit, geographic location where the work is performed.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.