AmeriCorps Environmental Education Instructor
The AmeriCorps member will develop and deliver environmental education lessons and community programs to Treasure Valley students and community members at the Foothills Learning Center. They will assist with organizational details and logistics involved in delivering these programs. Additionally, they will recruit and coordinate volunteers to assist with special events, help with special projects, and engage in service and restoration projects.
- Educate multi-age audiences through lessons, community programs, and presentations.
- Develop new curriculum; modify and improve existing lessons, and tailor lessons and presentations to different audiences.
- Develop and lead service learning and habitat restoration projects with various groups.
- Represent Foothills Learning Center at Community Outreach Events – examples include, but are not limited to: expos and conferences, City of Boise events, and AmeriCorps events.
- Recruit, supervise, and train volunteers and organize and lead summer camps and special programs.
- Perform some administrative duties related to scheduling and program delivery using tools that will include Microsoft Office, email, Powerpoint, etc.
- Positively and courteously respond to phone and in-person inquiries while in service.