Control Systems Engineer - North Carolina
Brock Solutions is an innovative engineering solutions and professional services company specializing in the design, build and implementation of real-time operational solutions for broad based industrial/manufacturing and transportation/logistics organizations worldwide. Some interesting areas we are exploring include industrial automation, machine learning, IIOT, cyber security, AI, robotics, and other technologies. With approximately 800 employees globally, Brock Solutions is a privately held, employee owned organization with over 30 years in the real-time operational solutions space.
As Brock Solutions continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking a Control Systems Engineer to join our team of experienced professionals located at our office in Winston Salem, NC.
Working with other highly motivated Engineers, you will be involved with designing, programming, integrating, troubleshooting, and supporting new and existing automated controls systems.
Employee-owned company with profit sharing, comprehensive benefits, company events and charitable initiatives, a diverse workplace, BBQs and Lunch and Learns, Sports teams, Group fitness initiatives, and a "We win as as a Team" culture are just some of the reasons our employees love working at Brock!
Brock Solutions offers a flexible work environment that includes a combination of at home, in the office, and on-site options such that individuals can balance work and life. In the end, the intent is to enable you and your team to work effectively and collaboratively to produce results that matter.
Why Work at Brock?
- Competitive compensation package
- Profit sharing
- Extended Health benefits
- Continuous career growth
- Flexible working hours
- Company events and celebrations
- Travel Opportunities
Responsibilities may include:
- Control System design
- PLC Programming
- Electrical design
- Design/programming of Human Machines Interfaces (HMI)
- Troubleshooting of electrical, PLC, and HMI systems
- Interfacing with real-time database applications to manage critical production information
- Supporting project proposals and estimation
- Preparing functional specifications
- Assisting with equipment selection and procurement
- Site commissioning and installation
- Performing other duties as assigned by Project Manager
- On-call service/support for existing installations
- Ability to problem solve
- Aptitude for Programming (C,C#,VBA, SQL, Ladder Logic, or other languages)
- Knowledge of PLCs (e.g. ControlLogix, Modicon, Siemens S7) is an asset
- Knowledge of HMIs (e.g. FactoryTalkView, Wonderware, iFix) is an asset
- Familiarity with IT/Networking and database applications is an asset
- Ability to read electrical schematics is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of industrial environments, engineering, and production processes
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Systems design, Automation, Industrial Engineering or College equivalent
- Ability to complete all security clearance requirements that may be required for the performance of the work
- Willing to travel up to 40% throughout the year
New grads are welcome to apply. If you have graduated within the last 3 years, please also submit a soft copy of your transcript (unofficial copy is fine).
Brock Solutions strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, Brock Solutions will endeavour to remove barriers to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Please be advised that, outside of our official applicant tracking system, Brock Solutions will never solicit personal information upfront. We send formal offer documentation in writing first, and wait until your acceptance before asking for any additional personal information.