Security Officer (FT-Edison)
Hackensack Meridian Health's New Security Program to Increase Patient Safety!
HMH is launching new security initiatives (including a new Wand program).
Immediate openings now across all our locations!
New Rates And Benefits Start Day One!
As a security officer, your presence is often the first impression that patients, their families, visitors, and employees have of Hackensack Meridian Health every day. By acting in a professional and empathetic manner, often in the face of medical emergencies, your contributions will be vital to the work we do for the community. You will assume responsibility for the safety and well-being of patients, team members, physicians, visitors and Medical Center property. Your role is critically important to creating a safe and welcoming environment and you are certain to find this a very rewarding career.
- Makes continuous patrols throughout the Medical Center to observe and take corrective action regarding violations and detrimental conditions
- Responds to calls for security assistance by any person within the Medical Center and takes proper action
- Security Officers provide continuous coverage of the Medical Center, controlling access to the area and assisting patients and visitors as necessary
- Maintains and controls access to all facilities owned or operated, leased or owned by Hackensack Meridian Health.
- Conducts preliminary and/or detailed investigations of all unusual occurrences falling under the realm of security matters including but not limited to interviews witnesses, obtaining signatures and collects accurate information
- Provides escorts to team members and visitor vehicles as requested within jurisdiction
- Makes continuous inspections of outer buildings, grounds, and parking lots
- Inspects all packages leaving the Medical Center when necessary and according to policy
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be a high school graduate or GED
- Must be able to read and write English
- Valid Driver's License from a USA state
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Previous experience as Security Officer or Law Enforcement experience