Customer Service Specialist
The IUPUI PTS Customer Service Specialist is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to members of our community who park in various garage facilities on campus. This position is highly visible and requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to remain professional in all situations. This position works primarily outside, however the department will provide appropriate gear and equipment for all types of weather elements. Shifts can be flexible to accommodate class schedules, and will cover days, nights, and/or weekends. A valid driver’s license is required.
Department Specific Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and resolve visitor or permit holder issues in garage facilities at exit lanes, entry lanes, or the Automatic Pay Station (APS) machines
- Issue electronic billings to customers when equipment issues cannot be resolved or the customer is unable to make payment
- Serve as basic technical support of equipment in garage locations, and immediately report unresolved equipment issues to PTS equipment support team or supervisor
- Serve customers of large special events on campus as necessary
- Provides excellent customer service by greeting and assisting customers and responding to customer inquiries and complaints regarding the organization's products or services.
- Resolves employee questions and problems accurately by researching policies and programs; providing answers to questions and resolutions to problems.
- Builds and maintains business relationships with a variety of customers, including current and prospective students, parents, employees and dependents, departmental representatives, and other stakeholders, to promote customer loyalty and provide information about university programs and services.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Friendly and service-oriented
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- 15-20 hours per week minimum.
- U.S. Driver's license required.
In accordance with the IUPUI Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success, experience in this position will help students become acquainted with the following profiles:
- Communicator – The ability to listen, write, and speak effectively. The ability to assess a situation, seek multiple perspectives, gather more information if necessary, and identify key issues that need to be addressed.
- Problem Solver –The ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments. The ability to find/create solutions to problems using creativity, reasoning, past experiences, and available information and resources.