Application Engineer II - Solid Mechanics
Summary / Role Purpose
Join the Ansys Customer Excellence team to partner with our customers to engineer what's ahead, solve their real-world engineering problems, deploy Ansys software in their design workflows, and grow Ansys’ business. As a hands-on expert in Ansys products, you will use advanced-level engineering knowledge to provide technical pre-sales support, perform professional services, and help translate customer requirements into exciting new product features. You will be working within multi-disciplinary teams to advance your knowledge, experience and business impact.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead/Assist in coordinating and executing all technical activities throughout the sales opportunity lifecycle such as technical discovery, product presentations, demonstrations and evaluations.
- As a product expert with one or more Ansys products, interact with customers to understand their product design needs and engineering design workflows; analyze how to address customers’ requirements using Ansys products and platform; articulate Ansys’ value proposition.
- Collaborate with the Ansys product development teams to translate customer requirements into exciting new product features; test new releases of Ansys products on industrial problems
- Support Ansys field and digital marketing
- Contribute to consulting services, conduct introductory and/or intermediate training classes.
- Proficiency in Python and Programming/Scripting Skills mainly used in CAE tools is required.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Required education and degree type: MS in Mechanical/Aerospace/Civil Engineering or related field
- Required minimum years of professional experience in an engineering software environment: MS+0
- Demonstrated use of relevant Ansys software or knowledge of other commercial CAE, CAD, EDA, PLM software packages
- Logical problem-solving, strong interpersonal and communication skills, fluent in writing and speaking English.
- Strong organizational and time management skills possesses a sense of urgency.
- Projects a professional image and demonstrates business acumen, driven to succeed.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 25% of time
- Strong background in FEA and solid mechanics
- Strong background in engineering mechanics
- Strong background in simulation workflow and debugging of nonlinear mechanics
- Strong understanding of material modeling in soft materials
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Preferred education and years of professional experience in an engineering software environment: MS+3, or PhD+0
- Ability to travel domestically up to 50% of time
- Experience and interest in healthcare industry
- Experience in soft materials
- Experience in explicit and implicit FEA codes such as Ansys APDL, Mechanical, LS-Dyna, Abaqus, NASTRAN, etc or any open source FEA code
- Experience in preprocessing tools for simulation such as Ansys products, ANSA, Hypermesh, etc.