Quality Assurance Assistant
- Assist Quality Assurance team with Lab Support activities to support a large laboratory researching neurodegenerative disease.
- Part-time Quality Assurance Assistant reports to the Quality Assurance Lead
Technician and Quality Assurance Supervisor.
- Assist in maintaining refrigeration and freezer units
- Utilize the LIMS and ticket system to destroy biospecimens, and document the destruction
- Maintain safety equipment and document
- Support Quality Assurance Lead Tech in purchasing/inventory tasks
- Upkeep lab organization
- Update and maintain physical and electronic files for equipment maintenance and purchasing
- Update and maintain Teams and other databases for equipment maintenance
- Enrollment as a student at IUPUI
- Candidates with lab experience are encouraged to apply
- This position is limited to candidates with a Federal Work-Study Program award. To verify you have a work-study award, please go to your One.IU.edu account (look under Student Center and Financial Aid Summary). If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (e.g., loans, grants, scholarships).
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes:
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Demonstrated skill in taking direction and paying attention to detail
- Comfortable working on a team
In accordance with the IUPUI Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success, experience in this position will help students become acquainted with the following profiles:
- Problem Solver –The ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments. The ability to find/create solutions to problems using creativity, reasoning, past experiences, and available information and resources.
Communicator – The ability to listen, write, and speak effectively. The ability to assess a situation, seek multiple perspectives, gather more information if necessary, and identify key issues that need to be addressed.