Hardware Engineering Intern, PhD, Summer 2024 - United States
Relocation support offered to candidates not located in one of the hiring locations.
Please complete your application before December 15th, 2023.
Participation in the internship program requires that you are located in the United States for the duration of the internship program.
This internship is intended for students in their penultimate academic year, who are pursuing a PhD degree program in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
To start the application process, you will need an updated CV or resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English. Click on the “Apply” button on this page and provide the required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
- In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated CV or resume.
- Please ensure you’ve listed your anticipated graduation date (in MM/YY)
- In the “Education Section:” attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English.
- Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending” to upload a transcript.
As a Hardware Engineering Intern, you will work on our core Consumer Hardware products. The teams you work with design, develop, and deploy next generation consumer hardware while ensuring that this equipment is reliable. You’ll work closely with engineers to improve our hardware to meet Google's standards of quality and reliability, and your work has the potential to impact many of Google users.
- Responsibilities may vary based on specific teams.
Currently pursuing a PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Hardware System Integration, Signal and Power Integrity, System Validation, Wireless Communications, Product Design, Computer Architecture, Digital Design Verification, Digital Circuits, ASIC Physical Design, FPGAs, Embedded Systems, Memory Systems.
- Currently attending a degree program in the US and available to work full time for 12 weeks outside of university term time.
- Penultimate academic year or returning to a degree program after completion of the internship.
- Experience working on consumer hardware projects.
- Experience with wireless communication interfaces and sensors.
- Experience with board layout (e.g., working with CAD/PCB design), Systems Integration, RF, Hardware Test, or Antenna.