Intern / Graduate Fellow, Mexico
Intern / Graduate Fellow, Mexico
McLarty Associates (MA), a leading global strategic consulting firm, is currently seeking a bright and resourceful individual to join our Mexico team for an entry-level, paid internship/graduate fellowship opportunity. As a dynamic link between the private and public sectors, MA specializes in assisting clients with policy and government affairs issues worldwide.
As an intern/graduate fellow, you will have the unique opportunity to collaborate on various projects with different engagement teams. This exposure will enable you to gain valuable insights into the breadth of our services and client work. Throughout your fellowship, you will closely collaborate with professionals ranging from Associates to Directors, allowing you to acquire hands-on experience in delivering strategic advisory services to multinational firms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Interns/graduate fellows perform a wide range of functions that may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring news outlets;
- Preparing presentations, memos, and client deliverables that effectively communicate key information and recommendations;
- Conducting research and analysis on diverse topics such as electoral, economic, political, trade, technology, public policy, international, financial, and business issues;
- Assisting firm-wide communications;
- Supporting professional staff with general office and administrative tasks;
- Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking individuals who are:
- Accomplished researchers;
- Excellent writers;
- Exceptionally organized with an independent and creative nature;
- Strong critical thinkers;
- Proactive in their approach to work, anticipate potential challenges, and contribute innovative ideas and solutions to enhance overall efficiency and effectiveness;
- Attentive to detail;
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced work environment;
- Capable of meeting deadlines with high level of professionalism and confidentiality;
- Proficient with business applications and media platforms including but not exclusive to: PowerPoint, Excel, Office 365.
Ideal candidates for this position will demonstrate a solid understanding of the Mexican business landscape and political dynamics. Familiarity with the US-Mexico relationship is also highly desirable. Strong candidates will be well informed about current events, policy, and electoral developments, as well as economic trends that impact the region. Full fluency in Spanish is required, with the ability to read, write, and speak the language proficiently. Preferred candidates will have experience conducting research in Spanish and display excellent writing skills in English. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
We are interested in candidates looking for full-time work, but will consider applicants that are available to work 20-40 hours per week, starting early January through May 2023. While this position is primarily remote, we strongly prefer candidates based in Washington, DC.
Interested applicants must submit an application that includes:
- Cover Letter highlighting relevant experience and skills;
- Resume; and
- Short Writing Sample (no more than 3 pages) demonstrating strong research and concise writing on issues related to Latin America, international politics, or political economy.
Please compile all application materials into one PDF document.
We will be accepting applications through November 26, 2023.