Work-Study preferred but NOT required.
Position Title: Upward Bound Program Assistant
Overview of Department/Division-
Office Name: TRIO Upward Bound
Description of purpose: TRIO Upward Bound is a college-prep program that works with high school students from the Indianapolis area. Participants of the program are provided a variety of services in the hopes to increase the motivation to attend college. The program assistant role is critical in supporting/delivering of service.
General Purpose of Position:
Program Assistant role will offer current IUPUI students the experience of working with the Upward Bound staff and high school students on planning, organizing, and implementing events. Additionally, they will assist in monitoring events.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Planning, organizing and implementation of Upward Bound activities/events
· Develop and maintain good relationships with participants at events which may include interactions with high school students, family members and parents
· Maintenance of accurate records as called for per event
· Attend workshops, staff meetings and other professional development opportunities to continue to grow professionally
· Serve as chaperon at Upward bound sponsored events
· Provide administrative support in the preparation, data management, participant tracking and marketing of events
· Other duties as assigned that relate to the programmatic support for Upward Bound and the populations served
· Provide basic website support with editing content and design.
· Have and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater.
· Must be reliable and able to manage time to work on multiple projects.
· Must be able to work independently and on a team
· Must occasionally be willing to work on weekends, as necessary
· Must possess excellent time management and organization skills
· Willingness to work within the office setting during some portion of the workweek.
· Excellent grammar/proofreading skills
· Must successfully pass a background check to work with minors
Possess at least a sophomore status at IUPUI (26+ completed credit hours)
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs and Google Business applications/Gmail calendaring.
Knowledge of Canva and Zoom
IUPUI Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success:
Communicator The ability to evaluate information, be an active listener, build relationships, and convey ideas effectively.
Innovator The ability to research thoroughly and report best findings, create documents/resources, confront challenges in a positive manner, and be able to independently make decisions.