Intern/Graduate Fellow, South Asia
Title: Intern / Graduate Fellow, South Asia
Location: Remote / Washington, DC
McLarty Associates is seeking a bright, resourceful individual for a paid internship/graduate fellowship to support our South Asia practice. We are seeking an individual who can work part-time (20 hours/week) from early-January through mid-May 2024. This position can be performed either in-person at the Washington, D.C. office or remotely.
Internship/graduate fellowship responsibilities generally include:
- Conducting extensive research on public policy, international, and business issues;
- Writing memos, compiling biographies, preparing presentations;
- Monitoring regional news outlets;
- Attending and reporting on speeches, panel discussions, and policy forums of interest to the firm and clients;
- Assisting professional staff with general office and administrative support; and
- Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking individuals who are:
- Accomplished researchers;
- Excellent writers;
- Exceptionally organized with an independent and creative nature;
- Strong critical thinkers;
- Inclined to take initiative and anticipate the needs of the team;
- Attentive to detail;
- Able to operate in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism and confidentiality;
- Able to remain poised under pressure and juggle multiple projects at a time;
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, Office 365, and other business applications and media platforms.
Ideal candidates for this position possess an understanding of South Asia’s trends, politics, and economics and an interest in business and government relations. Applicants should also have a robust background, demonstrated interest, and/or experience living or studying in South Asia. Proficiency in a regional language is preferred, particularly Hindi, but not required. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Interested applicants must submit an application that includes:
- Cover Letter highlighting relevant experience and skills;
- Resume; and
- Short Writing Sample (no more than 3 pages) demonstrating strong research and concise writing on issues related to South Asia, international politics, or political economy.
Please compile all application materials into one PDF document.
Please indicate if you will perform this position in-person or remotely. You will be required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 if you opt to perform this position in-person.
We will be accepting applications until 5:00PM ET on Friday, November 17. Please direct any questions you may have to email@example.com.